- Surgical Process:
- Rhinoplasty surgery is performed as an open or closed procedure and takes between one and three hours under general anesthesia. Due to the variety of possible corrections, it is difficult to provide procedural details. Dr. Beaty will consider the necessary structural changes and determine the best approach for your nose.
- Healing Process:
- After surgery your nose will be covered in a protective splint. Your face will be mildly sore with swelling around your cheeks and eyes. This will subside by sleeping with your head elevated and using cold compresses. All dressings will be removed after one week. Shortly after, you can pick up your normal routine and add in regular exercise after three to four weeks.
- Before Surgery Care:
- Stop taking all antihistamines, decongestants, and pills with an aspirin or ibuprofen base. Dr. Beaty may also direct you to stop taking supplements.
- After Surgery Care:
- Keep comfortable during recovery by elevating your head, using cold compresses, and taking prescribed pain medications. Temporarily keep out of the sun to avoid skin discoloration. Be mindful of your nose in any sports setting and wear appropriate protection if you’re an active participant.
- Non-Surgical Options:
- Fillers such as Restylane, Juvederm, or Radiesse may be injected into the nose for augmentation and to improve proportion. This option applies only to minor corrections and is not a permanent solution, though fillers may last for 12 to 18 months in the nose.
Rhinoplasty is a surgical procedure to improve the shape of your nose, the central feature of the face. This procedure may include cosmetic and/or functional components, and both are necessary to assess during consultation. Dr. Beaty strives to create harmony amongst your facial features with aesthetic correction. Functional changes help insure your nasal breathing is as good as your nasal appearance.
Am I a good candidate?
You are a cosmetic rhinoplasty candidate if you seek to alter the outward appearance of your nose. Rhinoplasty patients often complain of a bulbous tip, droopy tip, bridge hump, or low bridge. Computer imaging will help demonstrate a realistic expectation of how Dr. Beaty can transform your appearance with rhinoplasty surgery. Dr. Beaty will discuss any nasal breathing problems you may have and examine the nose for internal features that may need cosmetic correction.