- Surgical Process:
- Dr. Beaty will choose the most suitable approach for your browlift. Dr. Beaty most commonly performs endoscopic browlifts. This technique is less invasive and involves making multiple short incisions in the scalp and inserting a scope to reposition and anchor tissues. In selected cases, especially if the hairline needs to be adjusted, he may use a coronal or pre-trichial approach which uses a longer incision hidden within the hairline.
- Healing Process:
- Although most patients experience little pain after surgery, Dr. Beaty will prescribe a painkiller for smoother recovery. Your head will need to remain elevated for a couple of days after surgery. Elevation with gentle ice pack application will help alleviate swelling and bruising. Aside from general swelling, other side effects may include transient itching, numbness, or tingling.
- Full recovery will take about two to three weeks. After the first week, your staples will be removed. After week two you may resume regular activity.
- After Surgery Care:
- As mentioned above, you will need to keep your head elevated for a few days after surgery. To promote healing and reduce scarring, closely follow the skincare regimen recommended by Dr. Beaty. You will also need to avoid heavy lifting and vigorous exercise for a few weeks post-op. There is always someone available on call if you have any questions or concerns postoperatively.
- Non-Surgical Options:
- Brow position may be improved in some cases with non-surgical options including Botox, Injectable fillers such as Juvederm or Restylane, and microfocused ultrasound therapy Ulthera.
A Browlift repositions the skin, tissue, and muscles of your upper face to improve its appearance and function. By correcting these areas responsible for sagging skin, heavy brows, wrinkles, and other upper face concerns you will gain an outward expression that matches your vitality within. Browlift patients typically look more relaxed after their procedure and enjoy enhancement of the eyes.
Am I a good candidate?
If you have noticed an excess of skin laxity in your forehead, low or heavy appearance to the brows, frown lines, and/or deep-set wrinkles, a browlift helps to create a rejuvenated face. To visualize what a browlift may do for you, gently pull upward with your hands placed above your brows and the outside edges of your eyes.