- Peel Strength:
- Superficial peels only penetrate the outer layer of the skin for gentle exfoliation. This type of peel is appropriate for all skin types to treat rough skin and mild skin discoloration.
- Medium depth peels penetrate the outer layer of skin to reach into the middle layer. Here, the chemical application removes damaged skin cells and treats age spots, fine lines, wrinkles, skin discoloration, and rough skin.
- Deep peels penetrate far into the middle layer of skin, resulting in brightening and tightening effect. This strength of peel also removes fine to moderate lines, age spots, and shallow scars.
- Before Peel Care:
- It is always good to prepare the skin before having a chemical peel. About 10 to 14 days prior to the peel, you should cleanse your skin twice daily and apply moisturizer or cream. You will also need to apply sunscreen every day. Any patient-specific instructions will be given during your consultation.
- Post Peel Care:
- The chemical solution used will cause layers of dead skin to slough off. All peels require some form of follow-up care. As a general rule, avoid excessive sun exposure and smoking. Other post-peel instructions will be given at the time of your treatment.
- More Bang For Your Buck:
- Prevent scarring and cracking by keeping your skin moist.
- Wear sunscreen every day! Results will be maintained if you apply before makeup.
- Results are weakened with scratching and rubbing. Ease discomfort with the cold compress we provided at your treatment.
A chemical peel is a facial treatment that removes damaged layers of the skin in a controlled manner, causing the growth of new skin with diminished fine lines, wrinkles, and skin discoloration.
Am I a good candidate?
The majority of people are great candidates for chemical peels. A consultation with our skin care professional, Mahpara Ali, is essential to determine which type of peel is best for you. The consultation will include a review of your medical history, a goal assessment, and a skin care evaluation.
To see a description of the chemical peels we offer at Beaty Facial Plastic Surgery, click here.